Igorotek Episode # 01

Tomorrow will be our first episode for this new radio program.  Honestly, I am not that much nervous of going on-air anymore.  My previous program, Surviving Sagada, somehow prepared me to be ready for this other program.  It's not that I don't like that program anymore or that I don't think it's entertaining enough or interesting enough for listeners.  It was actually because I was running out of things to say. So there you go.  However, I would like to thank all the listeners who listened to my program.  I just hope that this new program will help a lot of our friends all over Sagada and the rest of the Cordilleras in understanding the technology and the benefits from properly using it.

Now the good news is we would still be playing good Filipino music.  Yes, I won't be changing the kind of music I will be playing.  I love OPM music so much that I listen to them in my iPod everyday.  For this week's episode, we will be playing back to back music from Maldita, Jay Durias, Gladys and the Boxers with K, and Side A Band.

We're also thinking of inviting some guests to come over the station for a short interview (a local or a tourist) regarding their cool gadgets.  And I will call that segment "Show Me The Gadget" where guests can tell how much they love or hate their gadget, talk about its features and use.  So watch out for that maybe next week.  If you are currently in Sagada and you would like to talk on-air about your gadget, please drop us a line.

We will be also discussing the following topics so feel free to leave a comment or a question them:
  • Popular Network/Social Media Sites
  • Things to Consider When Buying a PC
  • Choosing the Right Internet Browser
  • Protecting your Router from WPS Hackers / Linksys Router Recall
Update:  02/10/2012  Thanks to all those who listened to the program this morning.  We discussed about popular social networking sites like Myspace, Friendster, Google Plus, Twitter, and of course, Facebook.  Some listener corrected me and said that Friendster actually had chat application before, but maybe because they've added that too late to the site, then all the Friendster users had already moved to Facebook.  I also gave some tips on how to choose the right PC for you.  Things you would have to consider are the processor, graphic card, RAM (memory), hard disk drive, and also monitor size.  A lot of people are not aware of the recall or deffect that the later wireless routers have.  There's this featured called WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Security that is supposed to protect your network from the bad guys simply by pushing a button at the back of the unit.  It's supposed to make the setup very easy and your router should be password protected, but it isn't.  The trick to this is to simply disable WPS on your wireless setting.  But if you're using Linksys router, some security researcher said that disabling the WPS on the Linksys router will not work and that you're still exposed to potential hackers.  The best thing that you can do, if you own one, is to get the latest firmware from Cisco and just pray that they already have a fix to this problem.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment